Candlelit Tree, Dusting of Snow

20131225-205225.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all from Pennsylvania. This may be the first candlelit tree I’ve seen in person. We glimpsed it last night after the Moravian service in Lititz, Pennsylvania.

This has been a holiday filled with singing. Tonight I am hoarse from an impromptu evening of carols and songs around the family table. Briefly, it felt like we were in another era – a time of candelit trees and pump organs. But some around the table were finding lyrics on smart phones. Two worlds blended on this Christmas night in a still-young century, and it felt good. Very good.

Sleep my child and peace attend thee, all through the night.

About these ads

1. jcisnowjs
    Dec 25, 2013 @ 21:31:38

Loved the tree. Merry Christmas.

2. Sue Adam
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 01:55:50

With love to all of you, Glædelig Jul from Denmark!

3. apartmentwife
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 11:05:10

sounds like a wonderful cozy night- and thank goodness for the iphones – how would anyone know the words without them? our family usually needs to mutter through half the songs- which i’m okay for all the laughs that produces :) hope your holidays were happy!

4. Jason @ Interior Place
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 13:24:22

Greetings fellow Pennsylvanian! And Merry Christmas!

5. Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen
    Dec 29, 2013 @ 23:19:29

What a beautiful Christmas celebration. This photo is so lovely and reminiscent of my childhood, although I believe the candles were artificially lit, the idea was there. What a beautiful tree! Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas season and best wishes for 2014!! xx

6. Caitlin | The Siren's Tale
    Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:41:33

So beautiful – the story and the photograph. There’s something so magical about moments that bring us back in time, even to a time we never lived. Loved this!

7. Happy, simple and green living
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 19:22:28

great tree! happy holidays!

8. Vine Vampire
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 14:07:26

The tree is beautiful, I hope you had peaceful holidays! <3

9. jeanneahlers
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 21:54:53

Are you Moravian by chance? I love your blog, and I am a Moravian, so I had to ask. :)

Comments:

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,986 other followers