Hello Winter. Thankful.

129twigandvine November snow © Sue Schlabach

Almost Thanksgiving and the grass is nearly obscured by snow. That’s okay with me after the mild, lingering autumn we’ve had. Our garden wall project that ate up our summer (and was partially the reason I rarely wrote), is nearly complete, and that is one of a million things I am thankful for this season.

Warm eggs in my ice-cold hand. Birds at the feeder. A water droplet at the bottom of every one of the hundreds of crab apples on the tree outside my window. An open afternoon after several weeks of busy, busy, busy.

We’re off to Montreal on Friday. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving wherever you are, and see you again next week.

129twigandvine snow and eggs © Sue Schlabach129twigandvine Garden Progress © Sue Schlabach129twigandvine Woodbine leaf © Sue Schlabach129twigandvine Woods walk findings © Sue Schlabach

About these ads

1. Sara Pinto
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 13:52:08

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my darling friend, and a fabulous time in our favorite city!!!! Wish, wish, wish we were there with you all! X

2. thefieryredhead
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 23:13:38

Oh, have a wonderful time! Hoping to hit Montreal this spring…after the thaw :)

3. angelafanton
    Nov 28, 2013 @ 04:29:42

Beautiful shots! The clover shot at the end is so pretty!

Nov 28, 2013 @ 07:08:38

Another gorgeous post. I love the way you write – you evoke so much with a few simple but finely observed details. Indeed, as you do in your photography too.

5. Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen
    Nov 30, 2013 @ 22:30:51

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! What a lovely restful blog post to read today, I love coming here! Have a wonderful trip:) xx

6. apartmentwife
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 12:39:10

hope you’re enjoying montreal :) i’m all for letting the snow come linger too- it’s gorgeous and perfect reminder that the holidays are here :)

7. Caitlin @ The Siren's Tale
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 10:34:34

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying Montreal. I love every bit of this post and photography, as always. It’s beautiful to see what you’re surrounded by!

8. Jeanette Marie
    Dec 14, 2013 @ 17:30:21

Just stumbled upon the blog… LOVE the photos you take! Very creative. I’ll definitely be looking forward to new posts!

9. theshotgungirl
    Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:45:52

I love it when I find four leaf clovers. :)

Comments:

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,992 other followers