Animals Observed: Bill Yardley

Bill Yardley, farmer and artist, resides in Warwickshire, England, where his observations on his 200 acre farm give rise to works of art that show the inherent nature of his animal subjects. I am quite fond of the sheep and hens—being a carer of these animals myself. But the fox makes my heart race (one just raced across the road in front of us on Friday night) and the owl is showing that expression of both shock and wisdom that endears me to owls when I am lucky enough to see one.

I read a full article about Bill in the January edition of Country Living UK (which is nowhere to be found online). Worth a look if you can find one at your local bookstore.

About these ads

1. vtbee
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 16:33:14

gorgeous prints – thanks for sharing!

2. Millie
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 21:26:39

I read the article about Bill Yardley in “Country Living” I think his prints are wonderful. I was distressed to read he is not well. I grew up on a farm in the mountians of western North Carolina. I have many memories of wonderful creatures there. We have kept the farm. We hear owls at night. Early in the morning many wild turkeys say “gobble gobble”. There are deer and rabbits and cayotes. We are located at the foot of Mount Mitchell 6, 684ft.
    Does Mr. Yardley sell his prints?

Jan 20, 2012 @ 11:34:27

Hi Millie, I am sorry to hear of Bill’s illness too. You can contact him on his website http://bill-yardley.co.uk/ about buying prints, but the site says that he can’t respond quickly to requests right now while he is ill. I hope you hear from him. His work is so evocative of farm and wildlife. Warmly, Sue

3. Beverly Blades
    Jan 21, 2012 @ 19:06:06

I read the article about Bill in the Country Living January 2012 issue and really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing and showing your work, it is just lovely. It is not something you see too often. Where do you sell your work besides Coughton Court??? It doesn’t seem to be available on this site so you will need to point your fans in the right direction. In the notes above, it appears that Bill is not well so sending very best wishes for a speedy recovery. It would be great to learn about his work and the land from which he draws his inspiration, first hand. Something for future projects. Thank you again and very kind regards, Beverly.

• Pam Cunningham
      Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:02:46

I have just re-read the article about Bill in the Country Living issue and am so sad to hear of his death.Incredibly , whilst visiting my local charity shop today ,I found a signed print by Bill , A EWE AND HER LAMBS IN THE LEE OF A WALL already framed and numbered 16 /30 . I could have wept with joy and it was the best 25 pounds I have ever spent. How wonderful is this !

Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:37:17

Dear Pam,
        Lucky you!! What a treasure. Gotta love a good charity shop. It’s a great loss that Bill has died, but he is clearly missed, loved and his art deeply appreciated.

4. Gill Bolton
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 16:35:59

Very sorry to say that Bill died last week, his funeral is tomorrow. RIP.

Comments:

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,838 other followers